Friday, February 12, 2010

Support Our Troops!

After a long 24 hours of travel, a nap and a quick shower, I'm home safe and trying to relax, most of you know I don't do that very well! I wanted to wrap up my blog/journal with some final thoughts and feelings from this entire experience.

First off I want to say how blessed I am to have had this opportunity through the Houston Texans. The average citizen does not have access to visit our soldiers in Iraq even if they wanted to. To be an average citizen who is also a Texans Cheerleader and to be able to have this experience, I am one lucky girl!
Prior to this trip I was some what ignorant about everything that is taking place over there and what our soldiers are doing. Throughout the trip I took in as much information as I could. It would almost be impossible to share everything I learned so I'm going to try and sum up the important information. Our soldiers are working hard to make this world a better place. The living conditions vary from base to base but no matter the condition, they are far from comfortable and far from home. No one WANTS their son, daughter, dad, mom, brother, sister, husband, wife or friend in danger in the Middle East but the truth of it is, they ARE there right now. Agree or disagree with the war or all the politics that go along with it, every branch of the military is over there and they are serving our country and I'm proud to have these service men and women representing our Nation. It is about supporting our troops that lay their lives on the line every day and blessing them any chance we can! It may have been the Texans Cheerleaders that brought the smiles to all the soldiers faces while we were over there but it was Meg, Sonya, Ashley, Marisa and Larisa that have been personally touched and affected by this experience as a whole. To be able to touch so many lives in such little time is an indescribable feeling.

As I was told by many before we left, this experience has changed my life. It has opened my eyes to the services our military men and women partake in and has encouraged me to be more involved and interested in politics. It has also made me appreciate everything we have here individually as well as the safety we have as a country. No one has to worry about their children getting blown by and IED while playing outside in the USA.

In closing, be thankful for what our service men and women do and if you know someone serving always remember that the smallest token of appreciation will brighten their day. Every day is the same to them over there. It only takes a few minutes to be the change in their day with a care package or a special email. Take the time for them because they take the time for us!

I hope those of you who followed the blog enjoyed learning and living vicariously through me. It's been a pleasure sharing my daily dairy with you and I hope it benefited you in some way as well!

GO TEXANS AND GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!
MEG

No comments:

Post a Comment