Monday, January 25, 2010

Practice Practice Practice

With only 1 week left until we depart Houston the 5 of us girls (Sonya, Larisa, Marisa, Ashley T and I) have been collaborating packing list, sending reminders, finding boots, asking questions, working out and of course preparing a few dances. We had practice last week and we could tell it had been a while since we had done some STRONG dancing. I definitely woke up with an extremely sore neck last Wednesday; I think I became immune to that feeling during the season! It's back to the grind tonight with our last meeting with Coach Alto prior to the trip and hopefully our last practice as well. We looked pretty sharp last week so we plan to knock the dances out tonight, and then we will review on our own until we arrive.
The more people I talk to about this trip the more excited I become. Coach Bailiff (Head Football Coach here at Rice) went to Afghanistan this summer and said it was one of the most rewarding experiences he has been through. I don't think it is something I will fully understand until I'm there, but I'm looking forward being able to 'give back' to the troops.
It is interesting how a simple signature on a picture and a 5 second pose for a snap shot can make someones day... I am just so honored to be able to do something like that for these soldiers who sacrifice so much for our country.
I will update again once or twice before I take off. These post will not be half as interesting as the future ones!!
Thanks for following!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment